Post by Hound on Aug 3, 2012 2:18:00 GMT -5
Name: Kenneth “Keenan” Rosenblüd
Loyalties: Himself and his company.
Height & Weight Standing at 5'7 and weighting 150lbs
Hair & Eye Colour His ash black hair goes down to the middle of his back but is pulled back into a loose messy pony tail. His eyes are a deep brown but can appear black in low lit areas.
Noticeable Difference Keenan dresses depending on the occasion, wearing a suit tailored specifically for him during special occasions or situations that it's appropriate. During everyday life he normally wears a t-shirt with an over shirt, blue jeans, and sneakers. His hair is normally put in a pony tail that hangs down to his back. His body is filled with scars from his rigorous training. The scars begin around his ankles and end at around the collar bone, with the only exception to this being a scar around his left temple that ends at the lower left hand corner of his lower jaw. His body is one that engages in intense exercise regularly, his muscle ton isn't of the average gym goer. His muscle has the same appearance of a well trained boxer at the welterweight weight class, the only difference is that his leg muscles are more defined then theirs.
- Keenan is a Kind hearted person especially among his peers. Figuring treating others how you want to be treated isn't a bad idea, though his kindness is like a cup and like a cup its contents can be empty. After a while he will stop being nice to those that choose to treat him less then he treats them.
- He posses a pretty good sense of humor for someone who's \childhood would have left it nonexistent. His sense of humor is rather crude, stemming from stand up comedy of comedians like Donald Glover and Dave Chappelle, and was gained through many R rated movies and stand up acts. Although he finds things that are crude or inappropriate funny he tends not to find jokes that stay at a PG rating funny, but he tries to keep a smile and nod policy for such jokes.
- Has a rather high tolerance for annoying things; such as kids, radio talk shows, the humorless, and the arrogant. He tries to see company as company and would rather have a slight annoyance then dead silence.
- Keenan is a pretty laid back person and tries to avoid pointless stress. Seeing what stress had done to his parents Keenan tries to live a stress free life. Though he knows not all stress is avoidable and tends to come across it in his work.
- Keenan tends to think of himself as a sensible person. Due to his line of work he keeps the question of how he benefits on his mind. Keenan has and often will turn down a job that doesn't benefit him in an equal or greater value.
- He tries to remain honorable, among other things, to keep up a good appearance, and earn and keep the respect of those he has the pleasure of meeting and calls friends.
- Keenan can be narcissistic at times tending to hold himself in higher regards than most, causing him to at times become jealous of someone else for being considered stronger for example, this is normally nipped in the bud by humbling thoughts.
- He can at times indulge in hypocrisy, and may be unaware of even doing so at the time. Though he normal tries to keep this in check as not to seem like an ass.
- His morals are wavering and unset, which is frustrating even to him at times. At on moment he's willing to do the unthinkable, and the next he won't cross that same line.
- Keenan has on occasion complained about some of his more trivial jobs and tasks. Due to his rather pampered life style as a child Keenan tends to complain if he feels himself above the task or if it's just trivial. Although, he has grown considerably since his childhood and tries to keep this in check by not talking to much during his task.
- Keenan has a rather addictive personality leading to him wanting more, or overdoing things when he tries something new or something he finds enjoyable.
- Survival is one of the things he continuously exercises. The art of self preservation gives him a reason to throw everything out of the window, honor, kindness, and compassion are a few things he's willing to get rid of if it means his survival. Survive is constantly whispered in the back of his mind during most combat situations.
- Thrill seeking, glory hound, these features come together with his need to show off. He is an attention seeker, always looking for some way to get noticed in the best light possible. Though he hates bad attention any press is good press. He'd never admit to any of this.
TMI?: Training in multiple styles of martial arts including Northern Shaolin, Judo, Karate, and Kenjutsu
Fluent in multiple languages including: Russian, Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, English, Spanish, and French
Carries a Katana, combat knife, and a colt 45 with a permit in several countries to carry them unless in some kind of federal building
Bruce Lee fan
Mortal Power: Keenan has the ability to gather, focus, and manipulate his Qi. Qi is considered in Chinese tradition to be an active part any living thing, and can be translated to things such as life energy, energy flow, or life force. Buy focusing and manipulating it Keenan can increase his strength, prowess, or speed. This can only be placed into one area at a time due to the amount of Qi this uses. This skill, if performed by a grandmaster, has potential for miraculous possibilities in a vast field of things ranging from hardening the body to healing the body of illness and or injury.
Keenan was taught this by Taoist monks after being pointed in their direction by the master that taught him Northern Shaolin. Keenan's master saw the potential, or the glow, in his student during their more advanced sparring sessions. The Taoist were said to have mastered this ability and taught those that only had an affinity for it. The reason for the select few was that you couldn't teach something to be something it's not "You can't teach a fish to be a bird, or a bird to be a fish.".
Born Kenneth Rosenblüd on American soil Keenan was born into wealth and limitless possibilities and opportunities. Considering their actions to be in his best interests Keenan parents moved to China, where he learned mandarin and Cantonese, hoping to give their brilliant young son the education that they figured he deserved. Keenan's time in China taught him many things. In school he learned mathematics, grammar, manners, history, and a few of the major languages including Spanish, Japanese, and French. Though his focus, at first, was where his parents had wanted them to be in his later years it began to shift to a more physical outlet.
After watching a match between two Northern Shaolin masters on the internet, he became fascinated with everything that could fall under the terms close quarters combat. Throughout his teen years he began to mimic the actions of videos, training sessions outside a training facilities window, and anything else he could get his obsessive hands on. As his grades inevitably began to shift down his parts quickly took notice, and ignorantly punished the boy. Soon after his father was given a rather appalling and oddly brilliant idea by a colleague. The more time his father spent brooding on the idea the more Keenan's grades seemed to slip along with his patience for his son. Soon thereafter Keenan's father begrudgingly told Keenan he had enrolled him into Kenjutsu classes. Knowing not to look a gift horse in the mouth Keenan kept in his opposition and his desire for hand to hand combat. With his classes beginning a slow but steady climb the academic later landed him at a slightly above average grade. In response to this unacceptable attempt at gaining in education the couple refused to show enthusiasm, pride, or any support in their sons actions and efforts.
College began creeping up on him, and his parents had already decided on which school he was going to Keenan decided to make one last attempt at having fun before college. With a group of close friends from school they backpacked across China thinking it was his final attempt at freedom before he was forever on his father’s thumb. Slowly after the start of the trip his friends left one by one returning home claiming he was simply running away. After they all had left he continued traveling and came across an old seemingly abandoned shack, there he met an old shaolin master. Having left the temple due to teaching differences with some of his peers, the master left feeling disrespected and took a handful of loyal students with him. Unfortunately with the master able to freely teach as he felt necessary the students either died off or left due to his rigorous training. Keenan was slightly thrown off at the masters willingness to train the young man at first, having seen all the movies where the student begs to be taught and the master continuously refuses.
The training began and the two quickly began to hate each other, this mostly due to the fact the master kept putting him in life threatening situations. The master’s teachings taught him everything from breathing to Qi harnessing and control, the training called for him to empty his already full cup and relearn all of the basics. After a while it became apparent that the masters mind was lost and the training, albeit useful, was indeed intended to kill him. The master’s pride wouldn’t let him return to the temple having been proven wrong, and the solitude soon began to drive him mad. During one of the master’s planned suicide runs, as Keenan grew accustomed to calling it, Keenan fell in a tiger pit with a tiger trapped inside also. After escaping the pit and returning to the master the two began arguing, Keenan saying that he was only out to killing. The master saying it was only to make the young man stronger, a fight broke out and it ended with his fist plunged deep within his master’s chest. The master’s dying words congratulated his student on becoming great and surviving. He buried the master just out sound the abandoned shack with stone marking his grave. The word, survive, stuck with him as he made his way back to civilization.
What was supposed to be months took years, and when he returned from his time away from home he discovered that he was legally dead. After he came home the family announced his return and quickly began reapplying him to college in an effort to get his life back on the track it was on. Keenan talked to his parents saying that his time in the wilds left him feeling lost, and that he wanted to see the world and broaden his horizons before committing to something so set in stone. Though this hurt his father deeply he complied giving Keenan access to his trust fund and freedom to do as he wished so long as he kept the family name looking the same as when he left.
With his finger securely on top of the quarter Keenan flicked it. As it spun around the wooden counter Keenan began to drag things out of its unpredictable path. "What if my sponsor could see me now?" the thought brought a small smirk across Keenan's face as he examined his surroundings. The floor was made of hardwood loud and rather annoying, depending on who was walking, showed signs of neglect and lack of upkeep, calling it disgusting and lusterless would compliment it. Unfortunately the ceiling matched the floor with the only difference being the amounts of dust build up. And finally the bell of the ball Earl an old middleman Keenan had used on more than a few occasions.
To the average person a place like this bar was on there avoid list due to its older look and out of the way location. But to Keenan it was old looking and out of the way with a hint of character and an old acquaintance working as a bartender. With his eyes still barely fixed on Earl Keenan noticed him gesturing toward the women in the corner. Hesitantly Keenan looked in the woman's direction and was shocked at what he saw. The woman was short in stature around five foot two, long brunette hair with more curves then Keenan cared to count, and eyes as blue as the sky. With freckles spread sparingly across her fair skin, and a smile to kill for, she began to remind Keenan of an old friend from school. He knew he could get her an arrogant look came into his eyes as the woman's gaze met his. Well spoken words here and a backhanded compliment there and she'd be waking up alone with cab fair tapped to her chest. However, the quarter slammed against the wooden counter acting as a much-needed snap back to reality. A smirk made its way across Keenan's mug as he began to make his way to the door. "Maybe next time darlin' " the words never left his innermost thoughts.
With the bar only feet behind him a slight sigh came from Keenan. Rubbing the back of his head a pit in his stomach began to grow leagues as he moved further from the bar."Maybe I should have said something?" The thought echoed in his helping to further the pits size. Finally making his way home Keenan let himself fall into the familiar in brace of his leather couch. Remote in hand Keenan began to flip threw the channels, paying more attention to his thumb actions more so then the television. Having decided on a channel Keenan began to stare blankly at the screen unamused by the program, so much so that his eyes began to gloss over and the only other sound was a large unexpected yawn resonated throughout the empty apartment. The sound of a highly unexpected break in news awoke Keenan from his dazed state. "This just in Earl's Place a bar owned and established by Earl McTavish was found leveled..." The mans voice began to soften as Keenan's thoughts grew louder in his head. "Damn it, what could just level a bar?" His muscles instantly tensed up as the question itself frustrated and baffled Keenan. With haste Keenan began to arm himself thinking only "Don't know what to expect. Bring all three just in case." Katana and combat knife sharp at his side, and colt loaded with two magazines for backup Keenan moved out. Haste could no longer do the fearful man's pace justice as the concern for his friend served as his fuel.
Taking his third step from the door an odd sensation overcame every fiber of his bringing him to a halt. "Found you" a disgustingly savage voice bellowed out from above. Leaping to the left watching as a cloud of dust picked up surrounding the figure. As the dust began to clear the behemoth of a bear stood before the mortal. "The hell is that?" the words thought to have been a whisper made its way to the bears demonic rams skull. "Your death BOY!" Its claim shook Keenan to his core like a child hearing the boogey man's voice for the first time,and yet at the same time caused his blood to boil melting away the shook child. Gripping the sheath of his Katana Keenan prepared himself for the beasts next move. Roaring for intimidation the monster of a bear sprinted and threw its fist at Keenan. Standing his ground the sheath of his blade met the monsters fist, but the beastâ€™s momentum was a bit much for the mercenary causing him to slide back, and stopping just before slamming into the next building. The monsters steady strength was to much for him; consequently causing his sheathed blade to move closer toward him. With the "Damn this thing" The rage filled words slipped between his clinched teeth, but went unheard by the beast as its own laugh overshadowed the humans whispers. The clash was obviously in the monsters favor, and the very thought of this frustrated Keenan to his very core causing him to grind his teeth.
Placing his second hand on the sheath Keenan began pulling the sheath upward unsheathing the blade; therefore laying the blade's edge against the ever forceful bears clinched fist, letting the beasts own strength be its undoing. The blade's edge ran along the length of the beast's still forceful fist akin to a knife through warm butter; consequently the beastâ€™s fist ran the mortal into the building's seemingly immoveable bricks knocking the blood stained wind from him. Then with a window-shattering shriek the behemoth ripped the blade from its forearm throwing the blade into the wall next to the human. As Keenan began to loose consciousness the last things that came over him was relief, feeling as though someone just took the world off his shoulders after centuries of its weight burdening the mortals back, at the sight of the fleeing monster.